Improving Quality of Life for Local People
Falkirk Council aims to improve the quality of life for local people by working with all communities, sectors and groups to deliver high quality services that are accessible, accountable, responsive, and give value for money.
The Council area has a population of around 149,000 - one of the fastest growing in Scotland - and extends from Banknock in the west to Blackness in the east, and from South Alloa in the north to Limerigg in the south. The Council employs around 7,000 people.
The Falkirk Council Growth and Investment Unit
The team are responsible for :
- Co-ordinating My Future's In Falkirk, the economic development initiative for the area.
- Delivering business support services including the Business Gateway contract.
- Regenerating the town centres throughout the Falkirk Council Area.
- Marketing the area as a visitor destination.
- Encouraging businesses to invest in the Falkirk area.